Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's Raining Crafts!

Run: 3.6 miles/36:00

Mile repeats today, so I jogged 1 mile, and then was on target to run 1 mile in 8:54 (faster than I have ever run), and I did it in 8:45, which was nice. Jogged for half a mile, then did another 8:54 mile, except that by then I was tired and I did it in 9:05. Oops. I should have jogged another mile to cool down, but I was tired, and walked home.

Gosh darnit, I don't like it when the doctors are right. I went to bed early last night, but by the end of that second mile repeat I was spent. Done. Finished. Terminada. Tomorrow will be better, I'm sure.

Edited to add: I just looked at my training paper, and I guess I can't read, because I was supposed to do 8:25 minute mile repeats. That means I can't read numbers. I don't know if I could book it that fast. This is like... serious training. 

In other crafty crafterson news, since I don't have anything newsworthy to put up today, I'll post some pictures of a "quilt" I did in September. I write "quilt" in quotation marks because I basically did whatever I wanted on it. I didn't hand quilt it, and it didn't turn out especially great, but that's okay because it was my first attempt. A friend of mine recently had a baby, and I gave this to her.

It looks good from far away, doesn't it? Just don't look too close! I learned a lot while doing this. I'm in the process of making another one (yes, for another friend, having another baby), and so hopefully it will be even better. That's usually how it happens - they get better with each one.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your run. THAT QUILT IS AMAZING! You are so talented and I am oh so jealous:)

    ReplyDelete