Monday, January 31, 2011

Stink

Run: 3.4mi/34:00

Yeah - that long run this weekend? Didn't happen. I won't go into details for my attempt on Saturday except to say that folded up contacts under an eyelid are no fun when you're out in the middle of nowhere. And Sunday I didn't have the ganas to do it. I guess part of this whole I-Can-Do-Whatever-I-Want Training Plan is ... I can do whatever I want. Or don't want. Hopefully this can get fixed. Soon.

Dear Mexico,
This morning, you stank.
Literally.

I decided that I needed more upbeat music on my run. I have both upbeat and slow music on my iPod, but I took the time to delete all slow, flowy, boring music. I need a kickstart, and that's not going to happen with Jon Foreman. Jon, you know I love you, but not for running.  Instead it's all top 40 hits peppered with some loud rock. Jay-Z, take me away. At some point, I need to find a way to download some cheap music to add to this mix. 

Last night The Friends came over to start working on a puzzle. What kind of puzzle? U.S. Presidents puzzle, because we're nerds like that. We like to combine education and fun, and this was an excellent opportunity. Who's wearing pearls? Abraham Lincoln! Yes, that was actually said last night.
I know you will all wait in anticipation for the finished product. In the meantime, my kids will be coming over to my house in about 30 minutes, and to prevent them from ruining all of our hard work, I have to go lay a blanket over it. Those little hands are so quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment