Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mmmm Peanut Butter

Run: 3.5 mi/36:40

We are back in the Portland area, staying at the house of friends. I had run here some last winter, so I was all set to go out there this morning and kill it. Well I guess I forgot about that little sneaky incline. Except "little" doesn't really describe it. For someone who never runs inclines or hills, this was tough, but I had to do it twice. I guess it slowed me down enough to my "easy run" pace and I survived.

But even more exciting than my run (because obviously that was just a thriller), was my breakfast. I got the bright idea to put a tablespoon of peanut butter in my oatmeal. Man... that is tasty. I savored it while watching the Today show where some guy talked about good diets. I wonder if he's ever heard of oatmeal with peanut butter. Someone should tell him.

No comments:

Post a Comment