Saturday, December 18, 2010

Up and Down, Up and Down

My long run this morning provided for plenty of ups and downs.

Low: The snarling, barking, jumping, ferocious German Shepherd that snuck up behind me and was heading straight toward me. I screamed. I screamed loudly.

High: The stranger a block back who immediately yelled at the dog for me, and thus helped to shoo him away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Low: Feeling extra tired this morning, most likely a result of having a party last night, and cleaning up afterward.

High: The very old, toothless man, who hobbled along with a big stick. I said "Buenos dias" (as I do to most everybody), and he replied "Hola! Buenos Dias! Buen dia!" He was cute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Low: Realizing this is my last run with Lucy for a month.

High: Running with Lucy :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
High: Knowing that this will be the last time I will run these streets over and over. And over and over again. 

High: Looking forward to running in the cold, the rain, and among green plants.

High: Enjoying my last run with sunglasses for a while :) 

High: Running my first 10 miler since last Spring. 

I guess there were more highs than lows.

No comments:

Post a Comment