Thursday, December 9, 2010

Aye yi yi yiiiii

Run: 4.25 mi/42:20

I picked up the accordion a few years ago. Scratch that, many years ago. I forget how old I am. My last year of college, which would make it the summer of 2005, which was 5 years ago, and that explains how old I am. Aye yi yi is right.

I had great friends who encouraged me, bought me learn-to-play books for my birthday, put up with listening to me play the accordion (bless their hearts), and were mainly just really cool about it. I played in a band for about a year, which was one of the best things I have ever decided to do. But, honestly, for the past year or so it has sat in my room being useless. Useless because I don't do anything with it.

But I got it out the other night to show my new friends. And they liked it. They even invited my accordion to any gathering we have. I might play it this Saturday when we make lunch at the seniors' home (that's my kind of crowd!), and all of a sudden I have this huge itch to play with people. To get people together and play music. Where, oh where, will I find people to accompany an accordion? I need divine help.

1 comment:

  1. pick me! pick me! i'm planning on getting a banjo any day now (hopefully), and even though i won't have any clue how to play it, i think it would go very well with your accordion. or, you could just come and play your according for us when you're here-some christmas carols perhaps?

    ReplyDelete