Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sprouts

Yesterday was a hectic day. It was hectic because I spent most of my weekend doing absolutely nothing, and put off everything until yesterday. It was prepping for a new roommate, preparing things for class, planning an adult English class lesson, running to the store, finishing making and packaging goodies to sell, teaching, Skyping, and greeting new people.

Mom and Dad came back from a quick trip the States and brought me what I needed all last week: a watering can. Hallelujah. That, and some small pots for planting herbs. They are good to me.

My lettuce sprouted the other day.
I guess you probably can't see the sprouts in the second picture, but they're there, right beside Martín the barnacle, resting in his eternal home.

I think I now know what mothers feel like after all of their hard work goes unappreciated. You're welcome, Lucy. I'm so glad I spent all that time making your dog bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment