Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Grateful

Run: 2.4mi/23:30
At least I'm getting up and doing it, right? I liked that in my 23 minutes of running this morning I saw and said good morning to three people that I actually knew. Not other joggers/walkers, but three people that I know personally. Small town.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night my sister in law posted a link on her facebook to this blog article on raising grateful kids. It's an important lessons, and not just for parents, but for all of us, to stop and think and remember all the things we have to be grateful for. It seems that when we have more, we thank less. All I really want is to live a life of gratitude because the gifts I have been given are so wonderful.

 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created. 
 James 1:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment