Friday, February 4, 2011

Bright Lights

Run: 5.3mi/52:00

I wore the winning combo this morning: Pink running shorts, a neon green tech shirt, and to top it all off: my orange watch. I was a little self-conscious about subjecting passersby to that sort of scene, but I shrugged it off. It only got to me when I looked down every once a while and was blinded by my own shirt. The thing is that the shirt is really comfortable and the perfect weight for the chill of the mornings here (and by chill I do mean 44 degrees).

I ran with my new mace this morning. I thought I could stick in the waistband of my shorts, but that didn't last long, so I had to carry it. I do need a better system, though, because it doesn't fit snugly in my hand, it's a little awkward. I will figure it out, though. The only thing I am concerned about is spraying myself in the face. I hope I can at least avoid that tragedy.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously be careful with that mace! When I lived in Baltimore, I carried on my keychain. One time it leaked a bit, and it got on my fingernails without me knowing it. Then I was sitting in a lecture class, I rubbed my eye, and before I knew it, I was running out of the room in serious pain.
    I'm sure you'll be fine, but just forewarning you because that never occurred to me :)

    ReplyDelete