Monday, March 28, 2011

Gradening

My neck is still sore, which means no running. I popped a bunch of ibuprofen this morning to make it through teaching today, so right now I feel great and wonderful. We'll see what happens when it wears off this afternoon.

I decided I wanted to garden.

I have never grown anything before.

Well, that's not true. One time my friend and I tried to grow some vegetables in college. It didn't really work. So I'll try again. I made a garden bed with help from my visitors last week. I planted some tomatoes in small pots indoors, and this morning I planted lettuce seeds in the bed.
You can see that my availability of soil may not be so great - but what do I know? I planted Butterleaf and Romaine lettuces.

When I first approached the bed this morning, I realized that my greatest enemy may be Lucy, because I found a large round hole where she had apparently gotten comfortable. If there's a fence around this in the future, you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment