Monday, March 14, 2011

Counting noodles

I ran on Saturday, a very short run that made me frustrated. The time changed on Sunday, and now I find myself in a bit of a time conundrum - I can't go running in the dark. Our uneven streets are actually pretty dangerous to do in the dark (I've tried before), the sun isn't rising until 6:45 or so, and I have a schedule to keep. I think I'm going to try it out tomorrow and see what happens with trying to fit it in before washing breakfast dishes.

The upside? I get to sleep in a lot later.

On Friday I had a wonderful activity planned for my kids: counting noodles. I had them all color a piece of paper however they wanted, and then bring me their paper when finished. I grabbed a random number of noodles and had them count with me how many noodles they had, and then they glued them on their page.

It was fun to see who could count on their own, and who needed help. For those who could count on their own, it was fun to listen to them say their English numbers "wuh, too, ree, ore, aye", etc.

I was trying to do all of this: organize kids, count noodles, balance a whiteboard on my knees, get out the glue, and take pictures, but I only got to take one before my wonderful friend Christina showed up. So, I put the camera down and showed off my kids to her.

All I got was this little mano, counting noodles.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I give you mucho credit for teaching that age group :)

    ReplyDelete