Thursday, March 17, 2011

Counting to ten

Yesterday's run: 3.2mi
Today's run: 3.4mi
 You can see that our group got the floor poured for the new classroom. The kids were super excited about all of the work going on outside of their doors. I kept trying to tell them that it was going to be my new house, but none of them believed me, those little rugrats.

 As I was taking the above picture yesterday, I noticed a lot of squirming going on on the trampoline. Upon looking closer I saw that Obed had Isaac in a headlock. If you look closely, you can see a little bundle on the trampoline, just to the left of the tree.
After I yelled at them, Obed let him go and all was happy once again.
While my toddler class was playing this morning,  I sat on the carpet and let my mind drift for a little bit. I was startled back into the real world when I realized that one of my girls was counting animal toys. Counting in English. Without me asking. And perfectly.

What crazy mixed up world was I in?

One... two... three... four... five... six. She counted them as she touched each one. She said them clearly, she counted while really counting objects (not just saying words), and she did it again when I asked her to.

I teared up.

No comments:

Post a Comment