Friday, June 10, 2011

Seattle

After LA, we flew up to Seattle. I've done a bit of flying in my 20s, but it's all been by my lonesome. How nice it is to fly with someone. And not just anybody - but somebody I like! I didn't see any celebrities at LAX, but Manfriend did offer to buy me a magazine, and since I love magazines, Manfriend won a special place in my heart.

I can't find too many pictures of our Seattle time. I'd like to blame this on the fact that the weather wasn't so great, or the fact that we were actually busy. Who knows.

However, on Memorial Day we went to lunch, and walked around Seward Park, and the weather was pretty perfect. Seward Park is a nice walk, and there were a lot of people out running, biking, and walking.
After the park, we headed to get groceries so that Manfriend could make me homemade pizza. Considering that Manfriend reviews pizza for a well known pizza site, and knows really fancy words to describe crusts and flavors, I trust him when he says "I'm going to make pizza". I'll write about the pizza in another entry. Suffice to say, it was delicious.

Manfriend bought the Seattle Citypass for the both of us, knowing that we'd want to go do things. It was a great deal. Considering that the pass was $54, and one trip up to the top of the Space Needle costs $18.90 (yeah, right), we were really pleased with the deal.

We hit:
The Pacific Science Center (which actually didn't have anything on Portland's OMSI).

The Seattle Aquarium
A Harbor Cruise
The Woodland Park Zoo (until it start really raining on us)
 The Experience Music Project (which I've wanted to go to for years)
And the Space Needle at night
 We also visited Discovery Park and Kerry Park. We're getting pretty good at this park visiting thing. Discovery Park had some really great trails and benches, and in the middle of the park are some old historic buildings. The houses were occupied, but there were a few unused buildings.
And let's just say that I won't even attempt to write about all of the great food we ate. Manfriend has a special gift for finding great restaurants. It's not even possible for me to write them up as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment