Sunday, July 3, 2011

Finally

I finally ran 5 miles today. It doesn't seem like much, but it's been a long time to get back to this point. I had give myself the time, and be patient with myself.

The reality is, I have a weakness. This weakness is soda. I can live without sweets (and often do when I live by myself), but I love soda. I know regular soda is bad for me, and diet soda is just as bad, just without the calories. But I have a weakness.

And that weakness is called Mt. Dew. Living in Mexico, I rarely have it - they don't carry it here. Every once in a while I get it when I go to the States.

The last time I went to the States, a week and a half ago, I picked up a can, brought it home, and put it in my refrigerator. It has stared at me, all that time, and I decided that it could only be consumed after running a 5-miler.

Finally! Today, you are mine, Mt. Dew.

No comments:

Post a Comment