Thursday, August 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Cupcakes

It's Peanut Butter Week! 

A friend recently posted on facebook pictures of peanut butter cupcakes. Why, I don't mind if I do! Her easy recipe just called for adding a 1/2 cup of peanut butter to a yellow cake mix - EASY! She also added half a cup of peanut butter to a chocolate frosting she made from scratch.

But let me tell you now that we had about 10 cans of frosting leftover from a visiting group, and if I can do things the easy way, I will. I could have added a 1/2 cup of frosting to the canned chocolate frosting, but I decided not to.
I'm not a big fan of peanut butter and chocolate together (don't start with me, I've heard it all), so I also frosted some with vanilla frosting.

Anna said you could also drop a Hershey kiss into each cupcake. But in my mind, a drop of jelly in the middle, topped with vanilla frosting... that sounds delicious.

Anna has just started her own Etsy shop, so you should check her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment